Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Eggzactly what I needed




























I was cooking breakfast the other morning and used the last egg. When one of those ahhhhhha moments hit me. This egg carton would be a great dripping pan for my beads. So I washed it cut small pieces of wire, placed my beads on the wire, dipped them and let them dry. They say necessity is the mother of invention. I believe that and recycling. The other tray is a sausage tray that was left over.
The trays worked great, and very cheap. It was nice to be able to move all of the beads withouth disturbing them also.
The other photos were something I got distracted with instead of finishing my faux raku beads. I was thinking about how I wasn't sure what to do with the smooth technique. I had been wanting to try and inro for awhile now. So I applied the faux raku technique and the inro technique together. The inro is the smooth background with skinner blend roses and greenery. The other one pictured is a mokgume gane that I had made awhile back, I have not decided what embellishements I will use on this inro. I enjoyed using them.
I used a diabetic strip container for my base on these inro. I think I would like a flatter box next time. Hopefully, now that my distractions are done, I will be able to complete the cracked raku technique beads. Although I know me, and something else will come along. Maybe if I get them done before Friday and a new video comes out by Cindy Leitz. Her videos are the catalyst behind my most recent work.
On a personal note, not much going on this week. Just blessed to be alive and kickin and seeing the world everyday. Have a great day everyone, and don't forget to thank our maker for even the lil blessings everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment