Wednesday, March 24, 2010



















I am currently working on an art quilt. It started from eth painting that I had completed above. The tough part has been deciding on the fabric. I started, as you can see above, piecing the water.. with different colored fabrics. Then decided to go for whole cloth and dye some of the fabric, I sewed the fabric in gathers and then added ink and bleach... this technique did not give me the effect I was looking for, so then I used this same fabric, stippled it, and then added fabric paint to give the color variation that I wanted to achieve. Finally, I was feeling better about the process. Next step was the sky, this is fabric painted and stippled. The original painting does not include the sun, but I wanted a little more color into the quilt. So at this point I have the the basics done.... oh yea, and I started on the land and trees... sitting back now and deciding if I am going to work on the forground or the boat next....


No comments:

Post a Comment